Team of the Foundation for Somalia (FDS) are very proud to inform you that our new project “Integration support for foreigners in Masovian Voivodeship” has been approved and we started our support from February 2018!
We are looking for proactive and motivated foreigners who are ready to contribute to our team and program as Integration Assistants. We are looking for a few people to work in Warsaw in our project location as part time employees (20h per week).
MAIN DUTIES OF INTEGRATION ASSISTANTS:
- mobilisation of beneficiaries of the project activities and various services among other foreigners, especially those from the same country, linguistic region or culture,
- consulting and advising other foreigners on everyday life and integration issues and processes in Poland during the official duty hours in various locations, according to official schedule and roles among different team members,
- practical support to foreigners requesting support outside the office (in different institutions and offices),
- participation in training program, coaching and supervision activities planned and part of management and quality assurance,
- providing direct support to the consultation points through referrals and support to experts and advisors, as well as beneficiaries during the consultations (whenever needed),
- promotion and information sharing about other activities of the Foundation,
- reporting and evaluation to coordinators and technical expert.
Location: Warsaw (with some travels to other towns of Masovian Voivodeship)
Contract length: September 2019 –February 2021
- Foreigner or Polish citizen with a non-Polish citizenship at birth,
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- At least communicative level of Polish language knowledge.
- Experience in social work, activism and mobilisation work, also in other projects supporting migrants and integration process.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- personal experience in integration process in Poland and motivation to share experience and knowledge with other migrants,
- advanced interpersonal skills and eagerness to learn,
- motivation to help others and consultation tasks to other foreigners in various contexts,
- problem solving skills,
- excellent work organization skills and work under pressure and in changing environment,
- flexibility and availability,
- engagement, creativeness, responsiveness and flexibility.
If you meet the criteria and want to apply, please send your CV and fill in the application form until 20 August 2019 (4pm).
The candidates who meet minimum requirements, will be invited to the next step.
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.
You can find the full offer (in Polish) here.